The 2021 Midsummer Games is a Ticket Free event! We value your support and would kindly ask you to consider a small contribution to our Patreon – a little bit helps everyone. 🙂
Patreon Patrons & YouTube Members earn Dross Monthly!
In 2021, Fairyblossom will be held indoors so as to ensure both that our event does happen, AND that we are covid-safe. In order to make our event as accessible as possible, we are waiving ticket fees for this year. If you would like to support our events, (and keep them ticket free going forward) you can join our patreon and/or YouTube at any time. Many little hands lighten a heavy load for all!
We will be redirecting the funds that are normally reserved for site-fees, to reserve extra rooms at the Homewood Suites, Vancouver, WA. We will be auctioning these extra rooms off for DROSS ONLY at the end of May!
What is Dross? Dross is how we reward those who are our volunteers, members, participants and supporters in general.
How do I get it? You can obtain Dross in several different ways:
- Be a Patreon Patron at a Dross-earning level (Silver Path or higher). Each month, we roll a d10 for you and award you that number of dross into your Vault.
- Be a Member on our YouTube (Fairy Circle or higher). Works same as above.
- Attend our Hedge Gatherings. 1st Tuesday, 2nd Saturday
- Attend virtual LiveStream events such as Cyber Samhain, virtYULE, NYE Snowball, Imbolc Fairylight, etc.
- Attend volunteer meetings
- Attend work parties
- Participate in dross-earning games, quests or challenges at events
- Buy it at The Gilded Quill
How do I know how much I have?
Your dross is tracked online, in the Fe Vault, under the tab with your name. You can check this at any time, as well as see conversion rates, and a master list of all dross-earning events ever.
How do I use it?
You can use your Dross in several ways:
- Refill Enchanted Items for use in quests, hedge gatherings, or other challenges
- Give it to your court (Seelie/Unseelie) to help your side win the Grand Pennon at the Midsummer Games each year (side with the most dross wins).
- Barter and trade with vendors & others online or at live events
- Redeem for %-off coupons (stackable with your patreon membership) at the Gilded Quill (this is where we sell Enchanted Items for game, event tickets and so forth).
- Use it in online auctions for VIP upgrades, Premium campsites at fest and in 2021, bid on pre-paid hotel rooms for Fairyblossom Indoors.
Is Dross transferable?
Yes. If you have a dross balance, you can wheel and deal with whomever you like to transfer balances. The only requirement is that you report this exchange (to: email@example.com or to the Beancounter if at a live event) so that it can be recorded accordingly in your Fe Vault.
What if I lose it?
- Dross in your Fe Vault is virtually tracked so you cannot “lose” it unless you use it.
- If you have physical dross pieces, and you lose them, you have lost them.
2018 Event Pin (Year 4): $4.99 Blackberry Leaf, approximately 3″ wide. Hand stamped metal, by Red Wolf Studios. We chose a blackberry leaf because this was the first year of raising the Hedgerow around the gates of the festival. Crossing the Hedge is symbolic of entering and leaving the Faerie realm.
2016 Event Pin (Year 2): $1.99 Green Leaf, approximately 2 inches wide and cut on green acrylic. Lettering embellished by hand. We continued simple green leaves with different font, like a tree budding.
2015 Event Pin (Year 1): $1.99 Green Leaf, approximately 2 inches wide and cut on green acrylic. Lettering embellished by hand. We started with a humble green leaf for the springing of a new event.
****Tickets are NON-refundable, but are transferable.****